How to get list of posts under a community?

Is there way to get list of posts from a community?

We have few posts created under a community but we do not see any SDK exposed to retrieve these posts.

Is there a recommended way of getting posts for a community?

Hello @sijanshs !

Could you please let me know the package name and version you’re using?

It seems most likely that the function doesn’t show up (and i would like to investigate why), but according to our latest source code, the PostRepository should have methods:

queryAllPosts
  queryCommunityPosts
  queryUserPosts
  queryMyPosts

exposed for you.

Please let me know the package you’re using and if that worked for you.

Thanks for the quick reply, Here is the package detail
"eko-sdk": "^4.5.1"

I found this is exposed in @amityco/js-sdk.

Are there any breaking changes if we just switch to this SDK ?

Could you share some documentaion on how to paginate for the
queryCommunityPosts?

I tried the @amityco/js-sdk and I am able to fetch the posts for the community but not sure how to paginate.

i tried the following way but is not working, any suggestion is much appreciated
communityPostsRef.current = PostRepository.queryCommunityPosts({ communityId, last: 1 });

There should be few changes which could be breaking in mainly term of naming of imports ; otherwise there will be no breaking changes in logic. The official guide for migration is here: Web SDK v5.0.0 Migration Guide - Amity Docs for which you can check if you have some breaking change.

I’ll get back to you soon with a working example for community posts with pagination :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @sijanshs !

For the pagination you can refer to our documentation on LiveCollection which you will find here: Live Objects - Amity Docs

As i can see you’re working with react hooks, so if you need extra help for integration let me know.

Yes, it would be helpful for examples with hooks.

Currently, I found the data updated is not getting triggered once I navigate back and forth between component. An example might definitely help on this.

I’ve build a small example with loading a list of channels with infinite scroll and pagination. You will find what you need concerning the pagination logic in the ChannelList component.

Let me know if you have further questions.

1 Like

I need to add infinite scrolling to my iOS code. I can’t get to your work in CodeSandbox. What do I need to do? Create CodeSandbox account?

Hello @Hain

I need to add infinite scrolling to my iOS code.

did you mean to get the pagination? https://docs.amity.co/social/ios/feed-and-timeline#implementing-feed-pagination