UIKit Private community name not showing

This is how it looks like a private community. It doesn’t show the name of the community. Is this by design or a bug? Is there a fix/workaround for this?

Hello, may I confirm if you’re a member on this private community? Is this issue happening to all private communities or only this particular one?

Yes. It shows like this even for the creator of the private community

Thank you for confirming. Could it be possible that the community’s name is too long? How many characters does it contain?

I see only “…” in the html so it doesn’t look like the name is rendered.

See screenshot:

the private community name which is not showing is “Test community 2” which contains fewer letters than the community below which is displayed correctly (that is not a private one)

actually this seems to be another bug :slight_smile: this is the fix:

1 Like

Thank you very much @lorandd will have the team double checked on this :pray:

Hello @lorandd , our team reviewed the issue, unfortunately, we are not able to reproduce the issue on our end.

We would recommend monitoring this issue in future versions. Should you encounter this issue again, please feel free to report it to us.

why?

I just added and the community name is displayed correctly:

also you use this props in two other places:

why not use if in the UICommunityHeader.tsx as well ?

it looks to me a bug which was not really tested…

Apologies for any confusion caused by the earlier message; we have updated it to make it clearer :slightly_smiling_face:

You can implement the solution on your side, as it addresses the issue you’ve been facing. We’ll also pass on your feedback to our team to improve our testing in this area.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.