Compatibility Issue between React 18 and @amityco/ui-kit Package

Dear Amity Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am currently facing an issue related to the compatibility between React 18 and the @amityco/ui-kit package. I would appreciate your assistance in resolving this matter.

When using React 18.0.2 with the @amityco/ui-kit package, I encounter the following error:

I have verified that this issue is specific to React 18.0.2 because when I use React 17.0.2, the code works perfectly fine without any errors.

Hello, thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will pass this on to our development team to further check. May I know your current uikit version please?

Regarding React 18, we have tested it with our open-source UI kit and encountered no issues. Based on our experience, we highly recommend transitioning to the open-source UI kit as it offers greater flexibility for customization. It will provide you with more options and control over the design and implementation of your project.

Migration guide: Web Javascript Migration Guide - Amity Docs
Web Uikit open-source: GitHub - AmityCo/Amity-Social-Cloud-UIKit-Web-OpenSource: Amity Social Cloud offers Chat and Social SDKs to streamline app development. Dive into our UI Kits and sample apps in our repositories to spark your creativity. To learn more, visit amity.co.

@zaid Can you try run the react app with node v16? There might be conflicts with the node v18

I am already use node v “16.16.0”

Hey @zaid

Thank you for reaching out. Could you give me some details as to when this error occurs please. During build / watch. Or just running the react application?

Also, any other details like the ui-kit version or any other packages would be helpful. I tried to reproduce this issue on my end but have been unsuccessful so far. These are the version I’ve tried so far, that seems to work.

Node: 16
React: 18.2.0 (as ui-kit uses the same version)
React-dom: 18.2.0

Would you happen to know which tag name is referred to in the error?

If you could provide a code-sandbox url or something similar I would be able to assist you better.

Kind regards,
Cijin