Initiate chat with a community user

Hey guys,

I have the following situation:

We have integrated <AmityUiKitSocial> and <AmityUiKitChat> where our users can browser communities, comment like posts etc, we have also integrated Chat and we are creating 1:1 chats (conversation channels) between two users based on our business logic.

We were wondering it there is a possibility from the community component to let users initiate a chat with other users? I’m thinking that something like “Follow” functionality but a “Start Chat” option that can trigger a function from our app and we would run the same flow as we already have to create a conversation chat between the two users. But open to any other suggestion if something already exists?

Thanks,
Lorand

Hello @lorandd , Let me pass this to our team and will stay in touch with you for updates.

Hello @lorandd ,

Thank you for reaching out with your question. I understand that you’re looking to enable users to initiate a chat with others directly from the community component, similar to a “Start Chat” functionality.

To achieve this, you can make modifications in the UIKIT by adding a button or menu option, perhaps on the user’s profile page or within the post menu, labeled “Create Chat.” When users click this button, it would trigger a function in your app.

If you have any more questions or if there’s anything else we can assist you with, feel free to let us know!

Best regards,