Posts filtering

Hello!
I have several questions about the SDK/API, mostly related to posts filtering :

1. Do you have any plans to add the ability to filter posts in globalFeed (SDK/API) by any characteristics, for example, by tags?
  2. When do you plan to add posts’ ranking configurations in ASC Console? Perhaps you can already share information about future configuration options? )
  3. Do you have any plans to add the ability to receive posts (using query posts/content search) without listing specific communities/users in targetId? For example, I want to select posts from users’ feeds based on some characteristics for administration purposes.
  4. Is the 1Kb limit on the size of the metadata field in user and post objects actual? What consequences are possible if this limit will be exceeded?
    I will be grateful for the answers

Hello @sergey.iwanowww , Let me check this with my team, and I’ll get back to you soon.

1 Like
  1. Do you have any plans to add the ability to filter posts in globalFeed (SDK/API) by any characteristics, for example, by tags?
    = Currently, we don’t have plans for this. However, you can achieve it by developing your own feed system using our content search to fetch posts based on categories and retrieve post details for rendering on the feed.

2. When do you plan to add posts’ ranking configurations in ASC Console? Perhaps you can already share information about future configuration options? )
    = Regrettably, we currently have no plans for this feature.

3. Do you have any plans to add the ability to receive posts (using query posts/content search) without listing specific communities/users in targetId? For example, I want to select posts from users’ feeds based on some characteristics for administration purposes.
    = Content search may be suitable for this use case. You can search for posts by text or other available filters using our content search feature. You can apply the query like this, it doesn’t require targetId:

"query": {
        "publicSearch": "true",
        "targetType": "public"
    }

Content search documentation link:https://docs.amity.co/developers/beta-features/content-search

1. Is the 1Kb limit on the size of the metadata field in user and post objects actual? What consequences are possible if this limit will be exceeded?
    = Yes, this is our current the size of the metadata field in user and post objects is current. We’ve taken note of your feedback and will pass it to the team for consideration on potential improvements in the future.