RealmSwift Missing Signature

Hi! I followed the instructions to add the latest open source AmityUIKit to our project (linked the AmityUIKit and SharedReferences frameworks). I’m able to run and compile the project without issue. When I submit the app to the Apple App Store, I keep receiving rejection messages stating that the RealmSwift framework is missing a signature. Is anyone able to help resolve this?

@brannonkp Hi, This issue is possibly happened due to the new Apple App Store policy. Our engineers are aware of this and are investigating the issue. We’ll let you know once it is resolved. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Hello @brannonkp May I kindly confirm a few pieces of information below, please?

1. Your current UIKit version
  2. How did you install UIKit in your project. (Cocoapods or SPM or submodule the open-source project) - I believe your one is the submodule?
  3. Did you install RealmSwift separately in your project? If yes, what’s the version of that RealmSwift framework.

Hello!

My current UIKit version is the latest non-beta (3.20) version. I installed the open source UIKit via the git submodule method outlined in the documentation and then linked the required files (create a workspace file and then drag our projact xcproject and AmityUIKit xcproject file into the root of the workspace, then dynamically link the AmityUIKit and Shared Resources to the project frameworks & libraries section). I didn’t install a separate version of RealmSwift.

Hello @brannonkp , We have identified that the issue is related to the Realm framework. Apple cannot read the Privacy Manifest file from the framework because RealmSwift is built as a static framework. This issue has been fixed in our next release, which we aim to deploy next week (please note that this is an estimated timeline and is subject to change).

As a workaround, you can include the Privacy Manifest file in your app bundle and try uploading to TestFlight again. Please follow these steps:

1. Download the Privacy Manifest file from the Realm Swift Repository.
  2. Add this file to your project.

This should resolve the issue for now. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you so much for your quick responses. I’ve included the privacy manifest from the supplied link at the project root level and tried to submit the build to App Store App Review, but it was still rejected with this response:

“ Hello,

We noticed one or more issues with a recent submission for App Store review for the following app:

• finish’d® Caregiver
  • Version 1.0.1
  • Build 9

Please correct the following issues and upload a new binary to App Store Connect.

ITMS-91065: Missing signature - Your app includes “Frameworks/RealmSwift.framework/RealmSwift”, which includes RealmSwift, an SDK that was identified in the documentation as a privacy-impacting third-party SDK. If a new app includes a privacy-impacting SDK, or an app update adds a new privacy-impacting SDK, the SDK must include a signature file. Please contact the provider of the SDK that includes this file to get an updated SDK version with a signature. For details about verifying the code signature for a third-party SDK, visit: Verifying the origin of your XCFrameworks | Apple Developer Documentation.

Apple Developer Relations”

Thank you for your updates. We recommend waiting for our official fix, which should resolve this issue. We’re prioritizing its release and aiming to have it ready by this week.

Hello, we have released the new version, please update to iOS SDK: 6.34.0

Hi! Sorry for the delayed response. I just followed the same install process using the release you guys just pushed out (download source from GitHub, create a new workspace, drag the xcodeproj files into the workspace, link the amityuikit and shared frameworks) and went to submit our app to the App Store and we received the same error message involving the missing signature for RealmSwift that we received with the previous version of the open source iOS sdk.

Hello,

We noticed one or more issues with a recent submission for App Store review for the following app:

• finish’d® Caregiver
  • Version 1.0.2
  • Build 1

Please correct the following issues and upload a new binary to App Store Connect.

ITMS-91065: Missing signature - Your app includes “Frameworks/RealmSwift.framework/RealmSwift”, which includes RealmSwift, an SDK that was identified in the documentation as a privacy-impacting third-party SDK. If a new app includes a privacy-impacting SDK, or an app update adds a new privacy-impacting SDK, the SDK must include a signature file. Please contact the provider of the SDK that includes this file to get an updated SDK version with a signature. For details about verifying the code signature for a third-party SDK, visit: Verifying the origin of your XCFrameworks | Apple Developer Documentation.

Apple Developer Relations

Contact UsApp Store Connect

Hello @brannonkp thank you for reaching out and the updates. Let us pass this back to the team to verify.

Hello @brannonkp , Could you please try using the new 3.20.6-beta-1 version? Our team has signed the framework in this build.

You will need to reset the package cache in Xcode to ensure the framework cache is cleared.

Please let us know if there are any differences or if the issue persists. Thank you!