Infinite calls using AmityUiKitChat

Hi there,

I’m using the ui-kit-open-source in my project with TS and React. I integrated the community component AmityUiKitSocial and it’s working fine. But I can’t do it with AmityUiKitChat, it starts and I can see the messages but it freezes my browser doing infinite calls to start-reading and stopt-reading once I select one chat.

Any idea? I’m just using the default config for AmityUiKitChat.

Thanks!

Hello @OscarBC , Could you please confirm the platform and version you are using? Additionally, kindly provide the GitHub repository link, referring to this documentation: Changelogs | Amity Docs.

ui-kit version is 3.7.0. And I’m using React 18.3.1.

Thanks

Thank you for providing the versions. We’re unable to reproduce this issue on our end. The start-stop reading calls are intentional for tracking the unread count, but they shouldn’t cause your screen to freeze.

Could you also please share a screenshot or screen recording of the log where you mentioned “my browser doing infinite calls to start-reading and stop-reading”? Are there any other errors you’re encountering?

Hi again,

This happens once I select one conversation.

Thanks again

This is the console

Hello @OscarBC , For the issue you’re facing, after checking with our team, we have identified that this is a known issue. We recommend updating to version 3.8.0. For more details, please refer to the following link: Amity UIKit Changelog - Version 3.8.0.

Hi again,

I upgraded the version but is still happening. I removed and reinstalled node modules to be sure that nothing was cached but error persists. There is anything in the config I should change to prevent the error? Any ideas?

Thanks again

Hello @OscarBC , Let me pass this to my team to further check and i’ll keep update.

1 Like

Hello @OscarBC Could you please try updating to version 3.10.0 by following this link: GitHub - AmityCo/Amity-Social-Cloud-UIKit-Web-OpenSource at release/v3.10.0?
Please let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you :pray:

Hi there,

I’m getting now this error:

I was checking an VY is actually AmityUiKitProvider, I have that component wrapping my main view. I cleaned cache and everything but I still stuck there.

Thanks

Hello @OscarBC , Please follow the steps outlined in the README file at the link below to resolve this issue. It provides detailed instructions for setting up the AmityUiKitProvider and other components: Amity Social Cloud UIKit - v3.10.0 ReadMe

Hi there,

Thanks, was my fault I had a mistake in the filename.
I get now randomly this error:

Any ideas?

And when I manage to make it work reloading the page, chat works great but community kit doesn’t show info about “My Communities”.

Thanks

This is after select “Test” community. Feed works well and also the creation of communities.

Thanks again

Hello @OscarBC , Thank you for your information, I will pass to our team to check on this.

1 Like

Hello @OscarBC , We are pleased to inform you that the issue you reported has been resolved in version 3.10.1. , You can check and download the fix through this link: @amityco/ui-kit-open-source - npm

Please update to this version and let us know if everything works as expected. Should you encounter any further issues or need additional assistance, feel free to reach out.

Hi there,

I’m getting this error now:

I tried with npm i @amityco/ui-kit-open-source and following the instructions from @amityco/ui-kit-open-source - npm to make my own build. Both ways ends with the same issue.

Thanks again

Hello @OscarBC, regarding the compile error, we have applied a fix in the new version. Please update to version 3.10.2.

Link: @amityco/ui-kit-open-source - npm

1 Like

Thanks! It’s working now.

1 Like