Uikit connection with my project doesn't work

I followed the steps to integrate ChatUikit into my project, but I are encountering a blank page and the connection between my project and ChatUikit isn’t working

Hello @Ehab_Abdelhameed could you please help provide the uikit version and what’s the error you’re facing? If you could share a screenshot, that would be great.

Also, which platform are you implementing?

thank you for replaying but the problem is solved but i face another problem i need to edit design of chat but when i make that no effects is happen how i solve this

Could you help confirm the platform are you implementing, please? Is it the open-source one? Could you kindly share which component/page you’re trying to customise?

GitHub - AmityCo/Amity-Chat-UIKit-React-Native-CLI-OpenSource: Amity Social Cloud offers Chat and Social SDKs to streamline app development. Dive into our UI Kits and sample apps in our repositories to spark your creativity. To learn more, visit amity.co. i try customise the ChatRoom page and recentPage

Did you make changes in this file: Amity-Chat-UIKit-React-Native-CLI-OpenSource/src/screens/ChatRoom/styles.ts at main · AmityCo/Amity-Chat-UIKit-React-Native-CLI-OpenSource · GitHub ? or which file?

yes first one put when i make change don’t work

Does it work now, if you make change on the file I have provided?

sample of change i change color of text (Recent) to black color but the color still blue and when i make change for any thing no action happen

@Ehab_Abdelhameed That should change the color of ‘Recent’ correctly, but Have you see the changes through our sample app? Because if you run our sample app, you will be able to see the changes in real time, but if you use npm pack, you need to pack the UIKit again to see the changes on your application.

when i use Amity-Chat-UIKit-React-Native-OpenSource cli with my project and follow steps 1. git clone GitHub - AmityCo/Amity-Chat-UIKit-React-Native-OpenSource: Amity Social Cloud offers Chat and Social SDKs to streamline app development. Dive into our UI Kits and sample apps in our repositories to spark your creativity. To learn more, visit amity.co.
2. cd Amity-Chat-UIKit-React-Native-OpenSource
3. yarn or npm install
4. npm pack
don’t work with me then i copy all src from Amity-Chat-UIKit-React-Native-OpenSource cli and then put this folder in my project and i take the difference between package.json and put in my package.json and i make npm install then restart the project and the chat work fine but when i change any thing in the chat src don’t changed

1 Like

Hello @Ehab_Abdelhameed , Let me pass this on to my team to check, and I’ll get back to you.

okay ,I am waiting for you

1 Like

Hi Ehab, As I mentioned before, you can see the code changes in real time by running our sample app. After you finish the code changes, make sure to run npm pack every time. This step is necessary because you need to install the packed file inside your project again to receive the updates. After running npm pack , you’ll get a file named amityco-react-native-chat-ui-kit-x.x.x.tgz . This is the packed file that you need to copy to your project, not the entire src folder. Let me know if you have any questions regarding these steps

1 Like