Newly added comments are not shown

Hello,

We found an issue where newly added comments are not shown under a community post if the user has just joined the community. The steps to reproduce this issue are:

1. Go to the Explore page.
  2. Click on any public community.
  3. Join the community.
  4. Add a comment to any post, or add a reply to a comment under a post.
  5. The comment/reply is not visible under the post.

The above keeps happening until the user refreshes the page. After refreshing the page, all of the comments that were added beforehand are now displayed and any new comments also get displayed immediately.

I am using version 3.7.0 of the React UI Kit, so the code is the same as in this branch: GitHub - AmityCo/Amity-Social-Cloud-UIKit-Web-OpenSource at release/v3.7.0

This UI Kit version uses v6.27.0 of the @amityco/ts-sdk. I tried upgrading it to the latest version (6.30.0), but that didn’t help.

When I access the community page of a community I already belong to, I can see that a subscription to the following topic “{id}/social/community/{communityId}/post/+”. However, this subscription is missing if I access the community page of a community I do not belong to and it doesn’t get added after I join the community. Could this be the root cause of this issue?

Any help in identifying the cause would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Hello @ari , For your issue, we recommend updating to the latest version. Please refer to the following link for the latest updates and setup instructions: Amity Social Cloud UIKit - v3.10.0 ReadMe

Let us know if you encounter any further question :pray:

Hello,

Community pages don’t seem to work at all in v3.10.0 of the React UI Kit. After going to the Explore page (as a user who does not belong to any communities yet) and clicking on a community, I just get an empty page:

I cloned the repo, then ran the following commands:

1. pnpm install
  2. pnpm run build
  3. pnpm pack

Then I ran the following in my app:

1. pnpm i file:“{path to .tgz file}”

And this is how I initialised the AmityUiKitProvider:

function App() {
  return (
    <AmityUiKitProvider
      apiKey={key}
      userId={userId}
      displayName="Ari"
      apiRegion="EU"
    >
      <AmityUiKitSocial />
    </AmityUiKitProvider>
  );
}

export default App;

Do I need to configure anything else to get the communities to work?

Hello @ari , Thank you for your information, I will pass to our team to check on this.

1 Like

Hello @ari , We are pleased to inform you that the issue you reported has been resolved in version 3.10.1. , You can check and download the fix through this link: @amityco/ui-kit-open-source - npm

Please update to this version and let us know if everything works as expected. Should you encounter any further issues or need additional assistance, feel free to reach out.

Thanks @amitysupport, I tried using version 3.10.1, but it’s not working for me.

Firstly, I tried installing it via npm, i.e. by running npm i @amityco/ui-kit-open-source. I got the following error:

I also tried linking it by cloning version 3.10.1 of the repo and running the following commands:

1. pnpm install
  2. pnpm run build
  3. pnpm pack
  4. pnpm i file:“{path to .tgz file}” (in my app)

And I got this error:

Would you be able to advise me on how to fix the above errors, please?

Thank you.

Edit: I forgot to add that I’m using version 6.30.0 of the @amityco/ts-sdk library in case this helps.

Hello @ari, regarding the compile error, we have applied a fix in the new version. Please update to version 3.10.2.

Link: @amityco/ui-kit-open-source - npm

Thank you, it looks like that’s working now.

1 Like